1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root DroidRom 1.0 is out in the updater!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andrew53517, Feb 21, 2010.

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Android Enthusiast

well not everyone is aware of how to do these things..until they have to learn or they are taught..nore is everyone aware of apps such as metamorph..i my self knew about it before today but didnt bother with it until today

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

I just updated to this and it seems great. My droid still cant handle 1.2 Ghz though lol

They managed to fix the temp monitor issue, so i guess they ae using a newer kernel from taz.

3. xScopex

xScopex Newbie

I'm mad about glass not being in it. The only reason is it changed the clock text to white and metamorph won't do that. :( Guess I'm sticking with stock look I can't stand black clock on black background.

4. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Android Expert

I have been running for a day now. Running better at 1mhz than 800khz in 2.0.5. Live wallpaper and DXTop are working great together.

No real complaints at this time.

5. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member

I really love the updates. No theme is nice, so I can do my own thing and I LOVE the live wallpapers. Now I just wish there were more out there!

6. andrew53517

andrew53517 Android Enthusiast

I'm going to test it now for a full day at full battery life today..

-1.2Ghz max with min of 250
    -Live Wallpapers (nexus one)

Let's see how long it lasts... I'm a pretty heavy user too. I hope this doesn't disappoint. If it does then live wallpapers are getting turned off probably. :(

7. stevonyc34

stevonyc34 Member

@joe
    What theme r u using? I downloaded metamorph yesterday and installed a hero theme I got from alldroid. Thank goodness for this forum! Every1 is so helpful and informative.

8. mtneer25911

mtneer25911 Newbie

What is the easiest way to get the white clock? I am using DM 1.0 with the Smoked Glass MM theme. The black clock is driving me a little crazy. Thanks.

9. writhum

writhum Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain to me exactly what 'wipe data' does? What type of data does it get rid of...phone data such as contacts, etc? Or just system/rom type files? Thanks in advance!

10. pilotcharles747

pilotcharles747 Well-Known Member

installed it im liking the live wall papers, but reports that they are making the phone a lil hotter. Idk ima keep an eye on it.

11. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Android Enthusiast

So far so good - some things have been a little wonky - widgets disappearing, stock music player not actually showing up in the applications pull down menu (annoying). I'm also not seeing speeds over 800 mhz...wtf?

12. slick_old

slick_old Android Enthusiast

Do the live wallpapers work with Home++?

13. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Android Enthusiast

No - Home++ does not have support for that

14. ibcody

ibcody Lurker

I too need someone to explain to me in idiot terms how to get the white clock. I love smoked glass but not being able to see the time drives me a little crazy haha

15. bigdroiddog

bigdroiddog Well-Known Member

I made the jump from 2.0.6 last night to 1.0, i dont mind the theme so much because i like being creative and doing my own thing.My temps are pretty good at 1000, unfortunately i use home++ and i guess if i want to use lwp's i need to switch. Do they work with sweeter home 2? The biggest thing i noticed and i am kind of upset with this so far is i did the install with the wipe but keep the apps, which i did once before from 2.0.3. to 2.0.6 and was ok with recovering some space=, plus it seems to run smoother.But i lost a few apps, particularly paid ones and now my google market dont show any of the apps that i have purchased. Also google checkout only shows some of my purchased apps, but even the purchased ones showing in google check out dont seem to register with the market, this is all messed up, the only record i have showing what i had is i did a list from atrackdog and saved the names of them all, i think im missing 8-10 apps some paid and some free, but most of all there is no record to anything paid on the market. Anyone have a fix for this, otherwise im good.

16. snake_fist_gung_fu

snake_fist_gung_fu Android Enthusiast

They are using Steve's Kernel not Taz's. DroidModz and AllDroid had a big falling out.

17. DroidT1000

DroidT1000 Lurker

Its been the exact opposite for me. I came from 2.0.5 to DM 1.0 and everything is running smoothly. Before I. Couldn't O'C past 800mhz without heating problems and unstable issues now I can safely O'C to 1GHZ and temps stays at around 34-35c

18. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Android Enthusiast

I have had absolutely no problems with this ROM. I am on 2.0.6 but it is the same ROM for all intents and purposes. Not a single FC since installation at any clock speed..everything runs smoothly and my temps are decent.

I think the reason everything is going so well for me on this ROM has to do with the fact that I went back to bone stock, starting from scratch installing it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

19. spartan141

spartan141 Android Enthusiast

big problem guys. i did the update to 2.0.6 and every thing was working. but the battery temp was running hot so i did a battery pull and reset to see if that would help. now the phone wont turn at all. dont know whats wrong. i press the power button and nothing is happening. any help will be appreciated.

opps. never mind. was not paying attention to the battery meter and depleted the battery.

20. shademar

shademar Well-Known Member

I'm just starting to mix-n-match roms/themes/kernels. I know adamZ has a metamorph verions of his glass theme, which has been a bit modded in the BB roms. I like pete's modifications but haven't noticed them as a metamorph theme unto themselves... (perhaps I am blind?)

Running: BB1.1 (as of an hour ago...I was on 7.5 before that)
    AdamZ's custom kernel at 1100 MHz.

21. shrink57

shrink57 Android Expert

As stated in other posts in this situation it is best to charge your phone direct from the wall outlet as USB does not always work when the battery is fully deleted.

22. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

heh thank god the dont spell mods like that with a z

But yeah, I think we all heard about the falling out, hence name change hence this thread. But you are correct, looks like tehSteve's kernel which is good, it sounded like a really good/stable one from what I've read.

23. dja1980

dja1980 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else who docks their Droid notice that the temperature is off? I think it might be set to Celcius even though it doesn't display a "C".

The current temperature where I'm at is 30F, and my docked Droid is displaying -1.

24. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Android Expert

One problem I am having is that the phone has trouble waking up on its own when a phone call come in. Any suggestions.

25. jestexman

jestexman Android Enthusiast

I noticed after looking at some pics via the gallery that my phone would almost come unresponsive. Had to reboot and pull battery once.

My not help you but maybe your messing with something that is slowing the phone down.