• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DroidRom 1.0 is out in the updater!

I find it amazing how so many of you don't understand how to apply the smoked glass theme to a ROM. Any ROM. If it's not built into the ROM, you guys are screwed.

Really??? :rolleyes:

well not everyone is aware of how to do these things..until they have to learn or they are taught..nore is everyone aware of apps such as metamorph..i my self knew about it before today but didnt bother with it until today

Upvote 0
I made the jump from 2.0.6 last night to 1.0, i dont mind the theme so much because i like being creative and doing my own thing.My temps are pretty good at 1000, unfortunately i use home++ and i guess if i want to use lwp's i need to switch. Do they work with sweeter home 2? The biggest thing i noticed and i am kind of upset with this so far is i did the install with the wipe but keep the apps, which i did once before from 2.0.3. to 2.0.6 and was ok with recovering some space=, plus it seems to run smoother.But i lost a few apps, particularly paid ones and now my google market dont show any of the apps that i have purchased. Also google checkout only shows some of my purchased apps, but even the purchased ones showing in google check out dont seem to register with the market, this is all messed up, the only record i have showing what i had is i did a list from atrackdog and saved the names of them all, i think im missing 8-10 apps some paid and some free, but most of all there is no record to anything paid on the market. Anyone have a fix for this, otherwise im good.

Upvote 0
So far so good - some things have been a little wonky - widgets disappearing, stock music player not actually showing up in the applications pull down menu (annoying). I'm also not seeing speeds over 800 mhz...wtf?

Its been the exact opposite for me. I came from 2.0.5 to DM 1.0 and everything is running smoothly. Before I. Couldn't O'C past 800mhz without heating problems and unstable issues now I can safely O'C to 1GHZ and temps stays at around 34-35c

Upvote 0
I have had absolutely no problems with this ROM. I am on 2.0.6 but it is the same ROM for all intents and purposes. Not a single FC since installation at any clock speed..everything runs smoothly and my temps are decent.

I think the reason everything is going so well for me on this ROM has to do with the fact that I went back to bone stock, starting from scratch installing it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
big problem guys. i did the update to 2.0.6 and every thing was working. but the battery temp was running hot so i did a battery pull and reset to see if that would help. now the phone wont turn at all. dont know whats wrong. i press the power button and nothing is happening. any help will be appreciated.

opps. never mind. was not paying attention to the battery meter and depleted the battery.

Upvote 0
I find it amazing how so many of you don't understand how to apply the smoked glass theme to a ROM. Any ROM. If it's not built into the ROM, you guys are screwed.

Really??? :rolleyes:

I'm just starting to mix-n-match roms/themes/kernels. I know adamZ has a metamorph verions of his glass theme, which has been a bit modded in the BB roms. I like pete's modifications but haven't noticed them as a metamorph theme unto themselves... (perhaps I am blind?)

Running: BB1.1 (as of an hour ago...I was on 7.5 before that)
AdamZ's custom kernel at 1100 MHz.

Upvote 0
big problem guys. i did the update to 2.0.6 and every thing was working. but the battery temp was running hot so i did a battery pull and reset to see if that would help. now the phone wont turn at all. dont know whats wrong. i press the power button and nothing is happening. any help will be appreciated.

opps. never mind. was not paying attention to the battery meter and depleted the battery.

As stated in other posts in this situation it is best to charge your phone direct from the wall outlet as USB does not always work when the battery is fully deleted.

Upvote 0
They are using Steve's Kernel not Taz's. DroidModz and AllDroid had a big falling out.

heh thank god the dont spell mods like that with a z

But yeah, I think we all heard about the falling out, hence name change hence this thread. But you are correct, looks like tehSteve's kernel which is good, it sounded like a really good/stable one from what I've read.

Upvote 0
One problem I am having is that the phone has trouble waking up on its own when a phone call come in. Any suggestions.

I noticed after looking at some pics via the gallery that my phone would almost come unresponsive. Had to reboot and pull battery once.

My not help you but maybe your messing with something that is slowing the phone down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones