1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid's "cube" effect?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jayno20, May 28, 2010.

1. jayno20

jayno20 Android Enthusiast

I am talking about the screen that shows all the apps... it rolls over something that appears to be a cube of sorts... is that available on the incredible in any way?

2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Android Enthusiast

I think you're talking about GDE Home. It's a home replacement, you'll no longer have sense (it's still on you phone though, you can switch back).

3. jayno20

jayno20 Android Enthusiast

Is that just for the app drawer? The effect I am talking about only changes the app drawer to look like its going over a corner when scrolling through.

4. Reaver

Reaver Well-Known Member

HelixLauncher 2 has the app drawer effect but it is a home replacement, same as GDE. Since the Incredible's app drawer is a part of sense, I don't think an app could change it. To keep sense and have the custom app drawer, you may need root. I am not totally sure. Can a Dev correct me if I am wrong.

5. teufeltexan

teufeltexan Member

I ran Helix for a few days on my Dinc and the cube effect (in the app drawer - I think they actually call it "3D" or something similar versus "cube") worked fine. When you're running a home replacement app, sense is "shelved" and the new app assumes the responsibility for what sense previously did.

I've since switched to GDE for various reasons. It runs like a champ with ZERO issue on my Dinc, but does not include the "cube effect" for the app drawer. (It does have a different cube effect for your home screens rotations, but not for the drawer).

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews