• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid's Processor

Overclocked Droids with Eclair are running faster than the nexus one.

cap201006070355.jpg

Upvote 0
The OP has 3 posts. Obviously they are new around here. He/She may not be new to android and/or developing but everyone immediately jumped to rooting their phones like it is required as soon as you take your android device out of the box.

Maybe this person doesnt want to, or doesnt have the know-how to root their phone in order to overclock their processor. Personally, I will not root my Droid. I do think my droid can be a little lagging at times. This coupled with the fact that the Droid has been on the market for more than 6 months does give way to the fact that the processor inside is becoming obsolete, but that is just the natural progression of technology.

Upvote 0
Ran it on stock brand new Moto Droid and it scored 358...the same as the Moto Droid in your image!

Ran it @ 600MHz on 2.2 ROM :D

l8Amnl.jpg

Software is a hell of a thing! The Droid's processor is under clocked to 550 but the kernel I'm running doesn't have 550 so this is as close as I could get ATM...

The processor is only limited by what you can do with it via software. I have a HTC Touch Pro 2 with a 528MHz processor and it is SLOW!!! Droid @ 600MHz runs like a champ!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones