1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

DroidX + Dial from google maps = FAIL!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ScubaCA, Dec 29, 2011.

1. ScubaCA

ScubaCA Member

I really hope that someone can help me with this. I use to be able to click on a phone number from google maps and then it would bring that phone number into the dial screen so I could just hit send. I cannot figure out why but for 1 reason or another, it no longer does this. When I tap on a phone number in google maps all it does is bring me to the dial screen but does not import the number. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ScubaCA

ScubaCA Member

Are you kidding? Thousands of people read this blog, 85 of which have read this thread and I didn't get even one semi-educated response? C'mon guys, I need help.

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

are you on stock ROM?
    When did it stop working? What apps have you installed since then?

4. ScubaCA

ScubaCA Member

Everything stock, running gingerbread with all the latest updates. I have a bunch of different apps on here. Is there any one or type I should look for?

5. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Android Enthusiast

Have you made sure Maps is updated? Only other thing I can think of is to unistall updates for Maps in settings.

6. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

just have to uninstall them one by one to check

Could also clear cache in Maps.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews