1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Droidx pixellation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Roach07, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Roach07

Roach07 Newbie
    None

Apr 16, 2012
    So when I first got my DroidX it came with an OtterBox and theres all this hype that it makes your phone indestructible. so I took my phone and showing off to my friends I would drop it on purpose. Little did i know i was effing up the screen. One day I noticed little black lines running across my screen horizontally. I was like their minor, they were small but a little thick and I couldnt see past them. I was assuming the pixels were dead but i started to notice that the lines moved. They are now longer and thinner and the pixels where the lines or dead pixels used to be now show color. Here comes an even more disturbing revelation. Today I noticed a black circle at the bottom of the screen in the middle of these lines. I dont know how it got there. I havent dropped my phone or anything. So i start to watch Bleach on my DX then another one pops up near the top. I call them black holes because they seem to be sucking the lines up. Making the black lines running across the top and bottom of the screen shorter but the black holes are getting bigger. And i dont know what to do. It seems the pixels arent really dead so does anyone know what to do to make them go away? The black holes and the lines altogether? Like if i press my screen in a certain area or something? any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    First off, stop dropping your phone on purpose just to show off yer otterbox, not a smart move...lol.

If you read up on ANY phone case you will see they all claim to be shock RESISTANT, not shock PROOF.

Now on to a little more info about your phone. Is it rooted?, custom Rom? Stock Rom? .602, .605, .621? You could try a factory reset or reflashing yer Rom. It is possible you messed up the Rom somehow. I don't think it could mess with the screen however but it's worth a shot. If not then yeah, you killed it. Get a replacement and for the love of god, don't drop it....lol

colchiro likes this.
  3. Droidxxxxx

Droidxxxxx Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 25, 2012
    Wow, I cringe when ever I accidentally drop mine, even when it's all otter boxed up... lol I do think dropping it will mess the screen up.. mine had this weird little thing happen after a minor drop.. looked like a dead pixel, but it went away.. I called it a screen pimple because it cleared up..lol

4. Roach07

Roach07 Newbie
    None

Apr 16, 2012
    Haha screen pimple. Anyone know where to get a screen replacement?

5. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    I suspect your X is totalled....

Value about $100-150.
    Screen replacement cost about $100-150.

6. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Saint Inigoes, MD
    It really doesn't sound hardware related to me. I'd SBF.

7. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Rouch just try the factory reset or an SBF. If that doesn't do it buy a replacement. But don't bother to buy a new screen because as Colchiro said. the cost is the value of the phone. Yer best option is to buy a used X and keep yers for parts.