1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support droidx tethered to laptop with shared internet conn. to ps3 issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dsobey9, Apr 4, 2011.

1. dsobey9

dsobey9 Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Ok so I just switched from a htc incredible to a motorolla x. I was tethering my incredible to my laptop, and then sharing that connection via ethernet cable to my ps3. All was well... It wasn't the fastest, but I could play black ops without a problem.

Now however, with the droid x it only let's me play for a few minutes before I lose my Connection to playstation network. My phone and laptop still have internet, i just get signed out of psn.

I was using pda net on the incredible, so that's what I tried first with the X. I immediately had this issue so I went on the search for a different tethering app. I dl'd barnacle wifi tether, and im still having the same problem.

My droid x is rooted, so if there is some way i can change it so it has the same settings as the incredble i think that might work. Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Drhyde

Drhyde Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 23, 2009
    Kitchen prep...in hell...
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Don't know what to tell you about your problem, but I have bad lag when I try to WiFi Hotspot with my PS3. I had similar issues with losing sign ins. I suspect it could be latency issues with a cell phone connection. Or just the Playstation network in general.

3. Diz

Diz Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Cell Sales
    Louisville, KY
    And people wonder why they are targeting rooted users now.

4. Growler48

Growler48 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Maryland
    This has been a fairly recent issue for me, too. Used to run for hours, but now it gets to a point where, like you said, PSN goes away. Rebooting doesn't seem to help either. Not sure of a solution, but it seems to affect wireless tethering as well. It's like it's not transmitting or something. I'll keep checking here to see if someone comes up with an answer.

5. rmrlc

rmrlc Member
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    My Droidx did this a few weeks back when it would go to sleep, I set it to never sleep and it worked.

6. Drhyde

Drhyde Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 23, 2009
    Kitchen prep...in hell...
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I take issue with this. For one, they aren't targeting root users that I know of. Secondly, who's to say these posters aside from me don't have tethering plans? Finally, I only used mine to download a much needed patch for my game. I have little interest in online multiplayer. Without derailing the thread, the rules on tethering need to change, especially in America or plans with capped data.

7. dsobey9

dsobey9 Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Tried shutting off sleep. Didn't help.... any other ideas?

8. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Android Expert
    None

Aug 20, 2009
    EE
    NJ
    Did you try wireless tether for root users? I don't know if it's still on the market but you could give that a shot.

Also, I don't know if you've been following the recent news from P3droid but you should seriously consider whether you want to tether off you phone (without a tethering plan) or not. There MAY be serious repercussions in the future.

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...portant-post-p3droid-gb-users-especially.html

GL

dsobey9 likes this.