• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help droidx wont read sd card or reformat

giggalz

Jul 25, 2010
i've had my droidx since december...i've not really had any problems with it..until yesterday i noticed an icon at the top and it told me my sd card was blank or unsupported file system..it asked whether i wanted to format and i chose not too..i have shut it down..taken the battery out..i've removed the sd card and put it back in...i then gave up..and just told it to reformat..but it doesnt do anything..if i go to settings - storage everything is highlighted but when clicking on them..it doesnt do anything...i havent done any recent updates in the last week or apps..so i dont get why its done this so randomly?

is there anything i can do to fix this?

It's possible the card has completely crapped out on you. Have you tried to access the card via pc? If it consistently works on a desktop, and consistently doesn't on your phone, then we know your X is the problem. If the card doesn't work at all, and it's tried in two or three different places, then we'll know it's the card.

Upvote 0
It's possible the card has completely crapped out on you. Have you tried to access the card via pc? If it consistently works on a desktop, and consistently doesn't on your phone, then we know your X is the problem. If the card doesn't work at all, and it's tried in two or three different places, then we'll know it's the card.

i dont have one of those adapters for my card....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones