• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Drop Box when Browsing

Simster

Lurker
May 2, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I am the proud owner of a Hero, and like it!! The only issue I have is that I use a website to book golf on-line. There's an icon which gives a list of all the courses. On a standard PC there's a bar on the right side of the list which you slide up or down to acess about 50 courses. On the Hero I can open the list, but it only shows the first 6 courses, and not the bar. For the life of me I have tried everything and I can't find a way to access the "hidden"courses. Does this problem ring a bell with anyone? Can anyone pls help?

Thanks a lot.

Simster

Jev, I am from Prage,Czech Republic. The site is www.teetime.cz, and the section is "Reserve Game". I tried downloading Opera and Dolphin, and same problem. I went to the store where I bought the phone and they told me that probably the website doesnt support the phone, which is hardly an excuse I bought into. There must be something I can do. Any ideas? Thx.

Upvote 0
Okay, I made an account there, went in and had a look at the code. It seems they're using a table to generate the pulldown menu with, a very unusual construction. I can confirm it doesn't work on the phone browsers, but it's such obscure code that that doesn't strike me as odd. I'm afraid the only thing you can do is talk to the website owners and have them clean up their act - it's not necessary what they're doing.

Reactions: Simster
Upvote 0
No worries mate. If I where you, I would still try and talk to them, ya never know until you tried it! By coincidence I had the same problem with a very similar website here in the Netherlands. I talked to the webmaster and as a result they started development of a mobile site (acknowledging an increasing request for such a thing). It won't hurt to ask eh? Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones