1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Drop Box

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ImperialJohn, Dec 25, 2011.

1. ImperialJohn

ImperialJohn Newbie

How exactly does Drop Box work and why do you need a google account to use this app?

I downloaded it and registered with my yahoo email address, but when I try and install on my pc I only have the opion of entering a google account as it is on a google sign in page that it takes me to. Why? And anything else similar to consider?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You need to have a Dropbox account. If you have none it will ask for your email address so you can make an account. Head over to their website at Dropbox.com for more info.

Basically they give you online storage, copies of your files are stored on their servers which you access through the internet.

3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

I can’t recall if I had to enter a gmail when I signed up to DropBox, but I do know it’s pretty easy to start a gmail account, and absolutely worth the effort. And yes, you do have to join DropBox and install their software on your android and your PC.

4. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Dropbox has nothing to do with Google or Gmail accounts. But you can use a Gmail account to create a Dropbox account.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Yup this is true, I forgot to mention that my Dropbox account is configured to my Hotmail account, so it doesn't really ask for your Google Account.