1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Drop Test, EVO - 6 times and still running!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Evo_droid_user, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Evo_droid_user

Hey there, I was on this forum before posting about the evo lens protector on Amazon. Well, I posted 'cause I thought it was cool and wanted to share. Anyway, I found a Youtube video that appears to show the actual product as well as some drop tests. The cool thing is how this phone survives the tests! I'm not sure who the dude is, but whatever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duP--YhHHz0

Advertisement

2. Drop it from 28 inches and have it land face down on the concrete. I can tell you from experience...it isn't a pretty sight (shattered screen).

3. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

I wouldn't drop my on purpose, but I have dropped it about half a dozen times from 3-5 feet high and never had a screen crack or break while using a Seidio screen protector and case.

I'm pretty sure direct contact would break something though so I've always been glad I've had my Evo screen protected and encased. I've always done that with phones.

4. Shawnz

Shawnz Android Enthusiast

My TPU has made my phone survive this drop several times. Now it it lands ona rock / whatever it's game over but the TPU case is a life saver. I had it fall off the top of a 6' ladder once and it ALWAYS seems to land face down :eek:.

5. And trust me, I'm not upset at HTC, Sprint, or my phone for any reason. It was my choice to not have a screen protector or case and it was my lack of attention that caused the incident. I'm just saying that, in reality, the phone SHOULD be treated like a device that will not survive a drop of any distance.

By the way, Sprint replaced my screen the next morning, free of charge and I now keep a case on all of the time :).

Tags: