• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Drop Test: Proof that the Amzer Silicon Cases are the Best for the Motorola Triumph

minus5252

Jul 31, 2011
www.motorolatriumphhacks.com
Reactions: activeservo
I have the Amzer case too. It fits incredibly snugly to the phone, and it feels, well, like a silicone case would.
Considering the absolutely appalling lack of good cases (I"m looking at *you* Otterbox. Seriously-where's the love?) I decided after a brief conversation with my lady that I put a case over the InvisibleShield I already installed. (She did this to her iPhone-said it's like double-condom-ing) so after some thought I bought one of the few available cases.
I hear the Empire case is good too.

Upvote 0
In the video you mentioned that it is gorilla glass and there is no need for a screen protector. I took it off for the intercept and it worked great. Did you pull of the original protector on your phone and how is it working so far? I just want to make sure its safe since there's no going back.

You can always take off the stock screen protector and use an after market one. The stock one is super thick and plasticy, and most after market ones will be better anyways. I personally haven't used mine with just the glass I have a zagg invisible shield over it just because I don't want the chance of a scratch, because even little scratches bug me... Other people have used it with just the glass with no problems though, so I think its just up to personally preference really.

Reactions: activeservo
Upvote 0
In the video you mentioned that it is gorilla glass and there is no need for a screen protector. I took it off for the intercept and it worked great. Did you pull of the original protector on your phone and how is it working so far? I just want to make sure its safe since there's no going back.

I took the second cover of my phone when I dropped it off my bike. It slid way too far. What I can say is, the screen can be scratched.

Upvote 0
I use a TPU case. My experience: I received a replacement from VM for charging issues, so, I dropped my old phone, alot (without a case). In my 2 car garage, the concrete is VERY rough, and I dropped this phone about 15 times. The worst that happened to it for the first 13 were some dings on the corners.... I finally chewed through the plastic on the corners, and the glass busted on 14. Touch still worked, and I tested a phone call. It still worked, even with it being really scuffed and chewed up. On drop 15, the phone's touch sensor was (I could still read it though!!). I then put that phone in the return envelope, with a note on the custom ROM it had on it. I bought a TPU case for my new phone, and haven't looked back since- I've dropped the dang thing 4 times getting out of the car, a couple of times in a store while grabbing something, and sometimes if I miss my pocket. The worst thing: the case has 2 little scratches on the back and scuffed corners. I'd recommend a TPU to anybody looking for a case, because it slides in a pocket or holster easier, and provides at least 2/3 of the protection of a silicone. :) (I will admit that silicone does absorb a LOT of shock, though)

sorry for the long post ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones