1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dropbox files buried on sdcard?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by esmith818, Dec 24, 2011.

1. esmith818

esmith818 Android Enthusiast

Anyone else using Dropbox? I thought on past phones my downloads went into /sdcard/Dropbox/, but it appears as if my downloads are now going to /sdcard/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/scratch/

What a messy way of handling, especially since Minus downloads to the default Downloads directory. Is there a way I can override the default location?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast

its not a gnex issue, its the new version of the dropbox app

3. stanfna

stanfna Well-Known Member

It took me forever to find where things were being saved to. Very annoying indeed.

4. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

The new version (2.0) should prompt you where to save when exporting a file to the SD..?

5. jkirch86

jkirch86 Lurker

I am using version 2.0.1 on a Droid Razr.

I think the location /sdcard/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/scratch/ is just a cache file or something for viewing the files while in the dropbox app and not the actual file.

My problem is that when I try to export a file from the app, it sees my phone storage as the sd card. The folders on my sd card are not showing and all the files on the phone storage are, but still shows "sdcard" as the main folder.

So if I want a picture off dropbox sent to my sd card, I have to first export it to a folder on my phone storage, then move it from there to my sd card.

I can't upload anything from my sd card also. I have to move it to phone storage first.

Very annoying.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews