1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dropbox Shutting Down

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by komobu, Feb 12, 2020.

1. komobu

komobu Member

It seems I have to start dropbox every time I want photos to sync. I dont have to do anything, I just have to start the app on my phone and then it will start syncing. I think maybe the app is being closed in the background. How do I set it up so it will be left running all the time and not closed down.

Thanks for any help

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Dannydet, Feb 12, 2020 (4 points)
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Reinstall it

MrJavi and Steven58 like this.
  4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

What kind phone do you have and more importantly, which version of Android is it running?
    Have you looked into any of the power management settings that are being applied to the Dropbox app?

5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

As Danny said, would start with reinstalling. You can also check the power management settings for that app. What phone do you have, and do you know version of Android?

6. komobu

komobu Member

Using a Samsung Note 8 and I am current on my updates. I will try uninstalling and re installing it. I dont know how to do power management

7. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

What version of Android are you on? Menu>Settings>About>Android Version

Check power management here: Menu>Settings>Apps& Notifications>DropBox>Advanced>Battery>Background restriction and Battery optimization. Change 1 or both settings and see if that helps.

Dropbox

Dropbox Forum

com.dropbox.android

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs