• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dropped Call = Secure Lock?

W

Want my BB back

ATT Rugby Pro 4.1.2. Every instance of a dropped call results in a full secure lock on my phone. I'm required to use an alphanumeric password secure lock per company policy; which is set to the maximum time limit of 1 hour. Needless to say, when you need to make a return client call quickly (after it's dropped by the carrier), it may eat up 10-15 minutes just to find a safe place to pull over and type.

So if secure locked via password is enabled, do all android phones automatically lock down when a call is dropped? Or is this just a lucky feature on this device/OS?

Using nothing special on phone at all - no BT; no voice commands (any time I use voice commands to make a call, the phone goes into a secure lock whether the call ends normally or not, so I've disable that "feature" too).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones