• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dropped EVO From Hip Level

I tried to remove my phone from the holster with one hand. The EVO fell from my hand in slow motion, she hit the carpeted floor then bounced onto the opening of a bottom metal shelf. Not a scratch, and I'm using the Seidio Innocase II.

would be curious to know how it holds up if it's dropped on pavement, stone, tile, etc. But don't test this with your phone :) I bet it would move in even slower motion.

Upvote 0
I tried to remove my phone from the holster with one hand. The EVO fell from my hand in slow motion, she hit the carpeted floor then bounced onto the opening of a bottom metal shelf. Not a scratch, and I'm using the Seidio Innocase II.

What kind of belt holster is it? I have the leather one from Best Buy, and holy crap, I HATED IT. When I had the mogul, it was so easy to slide right out (because of the roundness, you could pull it out 45

Upvote 0
Friend wanted me to hand him his Evo while he was floating in the water....told him he was CRAZY! I wouldn't do it. He had to get out :) I keep mine in its case PLUS in a water tight back that floats when I am around the water.

i work on the water and before i got my rugged i had the seidio holster...not once did i ever dropped it ...

i guess its different when you're working and when you're out for leisure...

(working=sober) (leisure=far from sober)

Upvote 0
My EVO has been dropped right in front of me on cement without any protection. I believe it wanted to save itself because before it hit the ground the stand came out and saved the phone from falling face down. I have an ugly scratch on one of the corners and I almost killed my BF.. It still works great and my BF bought me one of those HORRIBLE covers that they sell at the Sprint Store made by Body Glove.... The cover is horrible and I hate it but I shall keep it because I don't want to be a B about it! ;o) However after reading this forum I will be getting a Seidio cover!

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I've dropped my Evo 6 times. Fortunately, never had any damage to the phone. I've had mine in the Seidio Innocase II Case/Clip combo and Seidio Ultimate Screen guard, and they've worked extremely well. Only 1 of the falls was due to case coming out of clip, and even that was wasn't clip malfunction - my seatbelt opened the clip and phone fell out of my full-size SUV.

My case has nicks from the falls, but no issues with my Evo. The camera side has hit the sidewalk twice and nary a scratch there either.

Lots of complaints from people who've purchased Seidio, but I have nothing but praise for them.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I've dropped my Evo 6 times. Fortunately, never had any damage to the phone. I've had mine in the Seidio Innocase II Case/Clip combo and Seidio Ultimate Screen guard, and they've worked extremely well. Only 1 of the falls was due to case coming out of clip, and even that was wasn't clip malfunction - my seatbelt opened the clip and phone fell out of my full-size SUV.

My case has nicks from the falls, but no issues with my Evo. The camera side has hit the sidewalk twice and nary a scratch there either.

Lots of complaints from people who've purchased Seidio, but I have nothing but praise for them.

I agree that Seidio makes a quality/high impact protective case for the EVO called the Innocase II.

Upvote 0
I've been going without a case lately. Just screen protector. Sure enough as soon as I stopped using case... got out of truck and phone clattered to concret. Slight ding on corner bezel. (landed face down). That has happened twice now...

THEN, I came downstairs and my 9 month old puppy had my phone in her mouth. It was covered in slobber but no damage... (other than a tooth indention in the screen protector)

So I had to put her down :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones