• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dropped my beloved Galaxy Nexus!

Superbad

Mar 12, 2010
Dropped my baby from about waist high on a ceramic tile floor. Screen is badly cracked. Just great....Asurion, may I please pay you $100 for a used replacement that does not even exist in your inventory yet? @#$@! Think I'm gonna puke.

Anyone have experience with Asurion when the requested phone is "back ordered"?

IMAG0720.jpg

sorry, my friend. they will give you a new one if used replacements aren't available. the phone is so new, there's a good chance it'll be new. sucks you have shell out another 100 bucks though
Really? When I fill out the online claim it tells me that the requested device is not in stock and asks if I want to place it on back order so they can notify me when they have it.

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
If I were you OP, I would just break the phone in half! I would call Verizon and tell them, I will not pay for my service because I have non working phone. This might force Verizon to get involve as they want you to keep paying them since it's Asurion's job to get you a replacement and they won't/can't. I'm pretty sure Verizon can do something about this if you refuse to pay for something you're not getting from Asurion.

One more thing, get a real case, the one you had is useless, as it only protects the back. I will never understand why people buy a case like that with no real protection where it's needed most, the front and on all sides of the edge.

Upvote 0
One more thing, get a real case, the one you had is useless, as it only protects the back. I will never understand why people buy a case like that with no real protection where it's needed most, the front and on all sides of the edge.
Wrong. This case, the one VZW sells, covers the entire phone with a hard shell. I just had the phone out to put on the plastic screen protector (of all things) and dropped it on the kitchen floor. But thanks anyway for the lecture bud.
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I'm almost certain when the OG Droid was out of stock they asked to do the entire "Backorder" nonsense until they bitched enough to get them to buy a replacement Droid 2 right from Verizon.

Be firm - make sure they know it's unacceptable you have a non functional phone and that they should have new replacements ready. Enough press.. maybe complain to verizon.. and you'd probably get a replacement soon.

Upvote 0
My condolences.

If it makes you feel better, last Spring a coworker dropped her less-than-a-week-old HTC Thunderbolt from waist height onto a carpet while it was in a padded protective case, and the screen shattered!

Waist height. Carpeted floor. Padded case. Shattered.

Obviously, that was unusual (I'm assuming there was an imperfection in the glass and it hit at just the right angle).

Upvote 0
Dropped my baby from about waist high on a ceramic tile floor. Screen is badly cracked. Just great....Asurion, may I please pay you $100 for a used replacement that does not even exist in your inventory yet? @#$@! Think I'm gonna puke.

Anyone have experience with Asurion when the requested phone is "back ordered"?

IMAG0720.jpg

wow i gagged a little lol.. thats ugly man. i used the Otter box defender and i drooped mine last night on basically a wood floor... nothing happened to it.. thank you Jesus

Upvote 0
My condolences.

If it makes you feel better, last Spring a coworker dropped her less-than-a-week-old HTC Thunderbolt from waist height onto a carpet while it was in a padded protective case, and the screen shattered!

Obviously, that was unusual (I'm assuming there was an imperfection in the glass and it hit at just the right angle).

Don't forget Gorilla Glass!

Upvote 0
I must have just been crazy lucky when I dropped mine then...chest height, ceramic tile floor, no case yet (I think this was the 2nd day I had it)...and no problem. Dropped it hard enough the battery and battery cover came off...but screen is fine, and no scuffs I could find. It's in the incipio case from VZW now, as I suspect a repeat wouldn't work out as well.

Upvote 0
I to have had bad luck with Assurian. My 2 suggestions would be:
1. Find out what it would cost you to replace the screen. I've found out in the past it wasn't that much more than the deductable to go to cell phone repair shop.
2. Call Verizon and asked them if they would replace it and you would pay them the $100.00 deductible. I've had good luck with that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be firm with Assurrian. They have such a bad reputation with different state Attorney General offices and insurance commissioners tell the Assurrian Supervisor that your going to file a complaint with both of them in your state. That's the last thing they want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones