• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dropped my naked Dinc without insurance

crucifixion

Dec 17, 2009
eh gads! Was going to the store, incredible in my hand; then while parking, put the incredible on my lap, completely forgot, and when I stood up to go outside, the dinc fell outta my lap and hit the asphalt!

no scratches on the screen, but on the top right corner near the earphone, there was a small crack of the case, that isnt noticible. thought I dodged a bullet there

however, on the corner near the power button, there is a huge crack/indent. oh man, my dinc is scarred and looks ugly

luckily, i called up verizon and said i just purchased the dinc online but forgot to add insurance, so the lady added it and now im paying $6/mo, so in a couple months i'll make a claim and get a new/crackless phone

phew!

at first i thought insurance was for suckers cuz at $6/mo thats $72/year wasted...but for a phone this expensive, and powerful, its worth it now!

And now you know, and knowing is half the battle..

JoeLogo.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah i added insurance last week a couple days after i got it. I figured since i'd be carrying it alot more than my last phone that you never know. And i want to keep it for the full duration of my contract (2yrs) and do not want to go back to my old dumb phone, so a little extra per month to insure i don't get stuck if something does happen is worth it. I absolutely love this phone and can't imagine being without it, so alittle protection is nessissary imo.

Upvote 0
I agree, it's probably sketchy and probably a bit dishonest.... That being said, I'd probably do the same thing, so I'm not going to judge.
I don't care if it's sketchy or not. I'm not going to judge anyway. Perhaps the OP was just trying to warn us not to bypass insurance if we love this phone as he does. I've been on the fence and I think I just got pushed off it. One thing to remember is that not only must you pay $6 / mo but also $89 replacement fee.

Upvote 0
I don't care if it's sketchy or not. I'm not going to judge anyway. Perhaps the OP was just trying to warn us not to bypass insurance if we love this phone as he does. I've been on the fence and I think I just got pushed off it. One thing to remember is that not only must you pay $6 / mo but also $89 replacement fee.

I only pay $50.. Why are you paying $89 ?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Asurion. I can look into it and PM you once I make sure but yeah, with my moto q, blackberry storm all replacements have been $50.
Old news. I had a BB pearl that I dropped in a bucket of water. (toilet) I was paying $5 / mo and paid $50 for a new one. The new contracts are $6 / mo and $89 for a new one. At least by me. But that's for smartphones, not LGs or regular phones.

Upvote 0
Yeah I've got the insurance just incase I loose it, or do something stupid or screw my phone up when root becomes available lol, My biggest thing is dropping my phone in water or jumping in pools with my phone still in my pocket , done it a few times. But luckly maybe it's the fact that I'm almost 30 now but it's been about 2years since doing anything to any of my phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones