• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help dropped nexus, touch screen doesn't work

fenixleader

Lurker
Dec 16, 2012
So today is the very first time iv ever broken or cracked the screen on a phone. the nexus fell out of my jacket and chipped the glass with 3 radial cracks just 3 in the top corner and now my touch screen doesnt work, wont recognize any touch has anyone else had this problem? i could live with a broken screen but for it to screw up and my phone to not being able to work?

Reactions: panchorosas
So today is the very first time iv ever broken or cracked the screen on a phone. the nexus fell out of my jacket and chipped the glass with 3 radial cracks just 3 in the top corner and now my touch screen doesnt work, wont recognize any touch has anyone else had this problem? i could live with a broken screen but for it to screw up and my phone to not being able to work?

http://androidforums.com/nexus-4/654139-smashed-screen.html

This guy broke his screen and there was a discussion that mentioned the touchscreen technology being closer to the glass that might make the Nexus 4 problematic with a broken screen.

Upvote 0
Do you know where I can find the replacement glass? I am having the exact same problem with mine. I dropped mine on old wood floors and it cracked all the way down. Also, how difficult would it be to repair it myself?

Because the phone is still new on the market, it might be difficult to find screen replacements on ebay or tutorials on youtube on how to repair it yourself. I would recommend sending it to Google/LG, even if you have to pay more.

Upvote 0
my just callen me crying because this happened to his that he got for christmas. guess he knew i would be mad. it has one tiny little crack in the corner and is totally unresponsive. i have an old samsung galaxy tablet thats been.in a semi truck for two years, fell ou the door and the entore screen is cracked top to bottom and side to side. i put packing tape over the screen and am still using it a year later. this is rediculas. if i had know this tablet was so touchy i would have got him a samsung

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones