• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropped phone in water, sat in rice, won't turn on

I dropped my Samsung Galaxy S in the toilet a few days ago. I immediately took it apart, dried it off and it sat in a closed bag of rice for 2 days. It seemed to be working fine all of the third day, then it fell out of my pocket onto the floor and now it won't even turn on. When I plug it in, the charging battery symbol pops up but it won't go any further than that. Any ideas? :/

I dropped my Samsung Galaxy S in the toilet a few days ago. I immediately took it apart, dried it off and it sat in a closed bag of rice for 2 days. It seemed to be working fine all of the third day, then it fell out of my pocket onto the floor and now it won't even turn on. When I plug it in, the charging battery symbol pops up but it won't go any further than that. Any ideas? :/

Welcome to the forums!!

Hopefully you have some good insurance :eek: Always invest in a case!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones