1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Dropped phone no crack but weird colored line through phone

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    I dropped my phone and now I have a line going through the the middle of my screen. Not a crack or scratch, like literally the screen itself has something wrong with the color.

I have a galaxy s7 that is a little over a month old. What do I do to fix this/What are my options?

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    If you do wanna try a longshot fix,there are pixel fixer apps in the Google Play Store,it wouldn't hurt to try,but,keep your expectations low...........
    Beyond that,looks like an insurance claim,or,out-of-pocket expense to get it repaired.

vinicent likes this.
  3. vinicent

vinicent Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2016
    Male
    How does insurance work? ie. if I don't have insurance can I sign up for it still?

Could I possibly claim this under warranty?

Also what is this issue called? Screen bleeding, dead pixel?

Will this issue get worse over time?

Could some local repair shop repair this?? and would it be a easy fix/cheap?

4. Fox Mulder

VIP Member

Feb 19, 2012
    NYC
    It's physical damage to the display, the impact may not have broken the screen but it did affect the actual display panel underneath. The only fix will be a replacement display.
    It might get worse, or it may stay exactly the way it is. Only time will tell.
    Won't be covered by warranty since it's caused by physical damage and not a defect. If you didn't sign up for insurance when you got the phone I doubt you can get it now. Even if you could they would probably have to inspect the phone first which would negate the idea (they're not stupid).
    If you bought the phone with a credit card it's possible there is some coverage there, check your card's website or call them. Otherwise you're most likely out of luck and it will be an out-of-pocket repair. We can't tell you for sure what it will cost but on an S7 not going to be cheap. Check with Samsung directly for factory repair options or see a local repair shop.

psionandy likes this.
  5. vinicent

vinicent Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2016
    Male
    Well I think there is a deal going on right now where you can by insurance for your phone with no inspections and you can have it repaired for 200$

I should probably consider that based on what you are saying.

I am not sure how someone would have coverage if you paid with a credit card? I did pay with one, but I do not know how that would work.

6. Fox Mulder

VIP Member

Feb 19, 2012
    NYC
    Some credit cards automatically provide extended warranties and other coverages for items you purchase with them. It would be worth a quick call to your CC co. to find out if there is any such coverage in your case. Probably not but you never know.
    Price out the repair and you'll find out if that $200 deal is worth it.