• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropped Phone - Slow startup, No Touch

MeowMix13

Lurker
Jun 17, 2012
Hey guys. As the title says, I dropped my TB about 1.5 feet from the ground, and when I go to turn it on I get a white HTC logo screen for several, maybe a good 15 minutes, before everything looks to be working.

BUT, the touch screen does not seem to be responding at all, so I'm stuck at the lock screen. It looks to be operating fine otherwise, I can see my battery life, the time, my 3G, wifi, provider, etc.

My TB is rooted, and had 0 problems before I dropped it this morning.

I was able to get into HBoot and then recovery, and ran my last nandroid recovery, which worked, but sadly it didn't help at all, and it's still have the extremely slow start up problem and the touch screen problem.

Any idea on what happened and how I can fix it?

Sounds like the digitizer is broke. The right 1/4 inch became unresponsive on mine. I upgraded to the galaxy nexus but thought w.t.h. might as well try to replace it.
I got an oem digitizer online for $16 bucks delivered.Replacing it is a pain but can be done with lots of patience. Separating the glass from the lcd takes time and heat and the new glass must be adhered to the lcd.

The phone looks and works like new now and cost me about $20 to fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones