1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Dropping out of 3g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rwmoon, Oct 6, 2010.

1. rwmoon

rwmoon Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Since I have rooted my phone has been dropping out of 3g constantly. Sometimes I can go into airplane mode and back out and it fixes the problem, however most times the airplane mode just hangs and does nothing. I rooted and am using Virtuous Rom 3.1 I think. My co-worker who also has an Incredible mentioned that he received an update that required him to call the programming line. Could this be why I am having trouble and if it is how can I fix it? I don't think I can call the line since I am rooted can I?

Advertisement

2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    hos long were you unrooted to compare this too? jw, hopefully can get this solvwed, i need a refurb cos of this once.

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    You can try *228 doesn't matter if you are rooted

4. rwmoon

rwmoon Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I've had this phone since Incredible's came out, don't remember how long ago it was. I really just wanted to know if I could still use the *228 feather. Just did it, and it seems like it's working better.

5. Bob Newhart

Bob Newhart New Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Hey Folks!

I have the same problem. My 3g keeps dropping out after I rooted and installed some fonts with ROMToolbox. I tried the *228 and it will work for a while.

Should I try to flash the original ROM back on? Any ideas?

Thanks and have a great New Years!

Dave