1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

dropping service

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Scrillex, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Scrillex

Scrillex Member

A guy I rooted/rom/kernal etc his TB for has been having this exact same problem. I put CM7 on it first with mr2 and 2.5 radios. Both stayed in constant 1x. Switched to synergy which is what I run with the 802 radio. My phone has constant 3g all the time. His stuck in 1x. Switched to bamf forever with the same radio. Stayed in 3g for about an hour and dropped back to 1x. Could it be the phone having the radio issues? Tried several radios and nothing alleviates this issue

I'm not in a 4g area either but I do leave the radio settings in cdma/evdo +lte.

I switched to just cdma/evdo but it didn't help the problem.

Any ideas??

2. Chrizzl3

Chrizzl3 Android Enthusiast

my phone has been doing that lately also, but i havent messed with the radios. make sure your network type is CDMA+LTE/EvDo.

ALSO, under roaming preferences change it to "home" instead of automatic or something else. thats what i did for cm7/aosp blacksource droidtheory rom and it worked well

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews