1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dropping signal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by okbeast, Nov 22, 2011.

1. okbeast

okbeast Member

Anyone else have this problem in specific areas? Seems like everyday at work I lose signal for awhile. Yesterday doing a restart helped but today it's not coming back at all. Makes me wonder if it's the phone or the signal. Today is my last day of the 30-day refund

2. adien666

adien666 Member

I get crappy reception at work. so when i try to use it ill see the gray box with the red cross in it indicating that i have no signal. so when i go outside it doesnt go away. i sometimes have to turn the phone off and on to get signal back. but that always works for me. its a bit fustrating.

3. bnwood

bnwood Lurker

On my work phone (not and Atrix, but still and Andriod) I have noticed that it can take up to 5 minutes for it to pick up a signal when in known good signal area.

4. Pilgrimtozion

Pilgrimtozion Newbie

My signal at work has never been the best - even with my *cough* Palm Pixi Plus *cough*. With that having been said, I have found that every once in a while I will pick up my phone and find it's having a difficult time finding any signal. As a rule, though, I have no problems. At home or at church, my signal is never an issue - so my vote is for the signal, not the phone.

5. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Android Enthusiast

I haven't had this problem, but I would think that it could be an AT&T network update that temporarily knocks out the signal....either software upgrade or tower work.

6. Mommycandy

Mommycandy Lurker

My loses signal too and the only way to get it back is to power off and on. I'm so frustrated. I have 2 other Atrix (not 2's) in the house and they work perfectly. Mine does it mainly at home.