1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Dropping the Fascinate for a DINC2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nightelvesreasy, Jun 6, 2011.

1. nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 24, 2009
    Minnesota
    Just got off the phone with VZW, apparenly as of June 1, owners of the SF have been having nothing but problems with making and recieving txts and calls, so VZW is offering a Droid X, Droid INC2, or Droid Charge as a replacement, Droid Charge would not be a free replacement (not sure on the cost), but in my case, I'm in a area where there is no 4G, so no big deal for me, going with the INC2

Advertisement

2. mdram

mdram Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Engineer
    Maryland
    hhmmm, no problems for making calls.

but i stayed on 2.1

3. s44

s44 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2010
    No problems here. I'd try ESN rest before switching anything.

But hey, enjoy your new unrootable no-developer phone.

4. nightelvesreasy

None

Oct 24, 2009
    Minnesota
    tried a reset, worked for a few hours then all hell broke loose again, txts not sending out, incoming calls not being recieved, out of nowhere i get voicemail notifacations, as for the INC2 being non rootable, not a big deal for me, ive done plenty of rooting, and still do on ocasion on my original motorola droid, i still need to place my order for a replacement, going to a VZW store to take a look at a INC2 compared to a droid charge, and then decide, dont get me wrong, i loved the SF, but after having to get replacements now 6 different times, enough is enough

5. ISASoilder

ISASoilder Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 26, 2011
    College, Work
    Washington D.C
    Ive noticed that two but i did two soft resets and it seams to have fixed the issue for now.

6. Gevis

Gevis Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 4, 2009
    When my contract is up here soon, I'm going to switch to the Inc2 if I can find it somewhere cheap or free.

7. redraptor

redraptor Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    "Fish dude" at PetSmart, Best Buy Mobile Sales Ass
    Much too far from the waves
    hmmm I would LOVE to switch over to the Dinc 2. After 2.2, things have been a little better, but everyonce in a while my texts dont go through and my calls are dropped. Not a significant amount, but just enough to be annoying. My biggest gripe is that my phone just seems to stop working every once in a while. Something locks up or it starts freaking out on me and I need to pull the battery. Thats about once a day. Would that be considered enough to change to the Dinc2? Ive honestly been relativly happy with the phone since 2.2 but its still been VERY hit or miss.

8. s44

s44 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2010
    Are you on an undervolt kernel? Sounds like you need to dial that back a bit.

9. redraptor

redraptor Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    "Fish dude" at PetSmart, Best Buy Mobile Sales Ass
    Much too far from the waves
    Hmmm Well that was a bust. Went in to the VZN store. Told them what was going on with my phone, how dissatisfied I was with it and how I would LOVE to get into something that actually WORKS and they gave me the same speil of how the only thing I can do is get the same device shipped to my door. I dont want another Fascinate, hell I dont care if I get something as old as the original Dinc, I just want something that freaking works right and is MOSTLY stable.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  10. HawaiianLaker

HawaiianLaker Well-Known Member
    None

May 13, 2010
    Socal/Norcal
    i have had my SF for about a month now and have not had a single problem with it.

11. nightelvesreasy

None

Oct 24, 2009
    Minnesota
    so apparently, Samsing released a update today thats "going to fix" all the bugs thats going on with the SF, bug fixes include dropping calls, not sending/recieving txts and voice calls, i wish i had a link to share, but this came right from a VZW rep i talked to today, so far no update has been pushed to my phone, he claims that you get it by checking for updates....so i asked him "so is this update 2.3?" "well that i dont know, but as of today, its in my computer that samsing pushed a update to the fascinate" sounds to me like more corporate BS, but who knows......i also find this funny, the same rep was telling me "if i was in your position, i would get a droid X and not a incredible 2" to me, the X doesn't have as nice as a picture as the SF

edit: I did get a update tonight, it is not 2.3 sadly, just some kind of software update, not sure exactly what it changed, but i will keep you updated

12. steelheadcrazy

None

Dec 3, 2010
    I have had my fascinate for about 8 months, not one dropped call or texting issue, every smartphone has bugs and issues, its a handheld computer for god sake