• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dropping voice signal... and cant make or recieve a call when there IS a signal!

Integraoligist

Nov 7, 2010
Ever since I got the V about a month ago from Target... I've been having issues with the voice signal dropping for no reason. It will go from 3-4 bars to 0 and an X. I try to make phone calls when it's at 0 and X, of course those dont go through, so I reboot the phone, and I've got 3-4 bars again... try to make a phone call and sometimes it will go through... sometimes it wont. It just sits at "Dialing" and never starts the count.

I updates the system and PRL and Profile but nothing seems to help it.

Thoughts?
Thanks all!

For what it's worth, I've been on virgin mobile for a year and every phone I've ever had had done this. I believe it's a network issue. It doesn't do it all the time but it's annoying when it does

Same here. I've had Sprint, Boost, and VM phones at one point or another over the past 10 years and they've all did this to some extent. I certainly believe it's a network "thing". I've never seen this happen on any other carrier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones