1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dropsync network error

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by PrinceCorwin, Mar 5, 2016.

1. PrinceCorwin

PrinceCorwin Android Expert

I've got a good one for you. I factory reset my phone this morning and after setting Dropsync back up to sync my pics and music from Dropbox, I clicked the sync button. As long as I hold the phone, everything works great but as soon as I set it down, it stops syncing due to a "Network error". I thought I was just mistaken so I tried it over and over again. After about 20 times it's become clear that it actually does stop and give me a network error whenever I put the phone down. Like I said as long as I hold it in my hand it works fine. Does anyone have any advice of why this is happening

2. An app that you added is doing it? Try running in Safe Mode and if it stops it was caused by an app that you added.

What phone? Is it root-ed?

... Thom

3. PrinceCorwin

I haven't added any app that wasn't on the phone previous to the reset. I have a galaxy s6 that is not rooted on Verizon

4. A simple reboot into Safe Mode would tell you if it was an added app issue.

... Thom

PrinceCorwin likes this.
  5. PrinceCorwin

I'll try and report back

6. PrinceCorwin

Dropsync isn't available in safe mode

7. PrinceCorwin

I've tried everything I can think of. It still gives me a network error after syncing a few files. Other devices on same wifi network using Dropsync are working fine