1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Droud 3 .RUU

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bomanflorida, Dec 18, 2011.

1. bomanflorida

bomanflorida Newbie
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    Can anyone help me locate an RUU for a droid 3? That or inform me on which one I can use and why I can use that specific one? I need to flash back to stock....thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. droidian1441

droidian1441 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    If your coming from an HTC Device, Motorola software "packs" as I like to call them, are not called RUU's. They are called SBF, or most recently FXL.

For the DROID 3 phone and phones released afterwards go on FXL (Fastboot files) and before the D3 release are called SBF.

[SBF] Droid 3 Fastboot files (5.5.959 and 5.6.890) - RootzWiki

Go to this link and there are multiple options to download. In the first part, "The Ultimate "Unbricker"
    you can download that and follow instructions.

The easiest way to flash back to stock is under "Other Fastboot Files and Methods"...
    Before you download the FXL (SBF) file, download the Motorola drivers -- USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA (the link is on there)

Then, on the page listed above, download the Latest RSDLite -- link is on the same page, under the same "Other Fastboot Files and Methods" part.

Then, finally, click on the "OTA #1 Fastboot" link beside the name. Download that to wherever you usually download to.

RSDLite Instructions -- DONT UNZIP THE FILE

1. Charge phone to at least 50%.
    2. Install RSDLite.
    3. Extract the fastboot zip file. DON'T UNZIP OR EXTRACT
    4. Open RSDLite.
    5. Turn off phone.
    6. Slide out keyboard and hold down M and Power button.(this will get you into Boot Mode Selection Menu)
    7. Use Volume DOWN button to scroll the list down to "AP Fastboot".
    8. Use Volume UP button to select "AP Fastboot".
    9. Connect Droid 3 using stock usb cable, if possible.(you should see your phone in RSDLite now)
    10. Click on the "..." button, navigate to the .XML file that was included in the ZIP and select it. Actually, find the file UNZIPPED, and click on it. It should ask you to "uncompress only", or if you have already plugged in the phone, "Uncompress and Start Flashing" -- click "start" in the corner if you clicked "Uncompress Only".
    11. Click "Start", it should take 5-10 minutes

Let the phone do its thing, DON'T UNPLUG the phone. Unplug the phone whenever the "DROID" Boot animation is going after the "Dual Core Technology", to be on the safe side.
    There is a 50-50 chance it wont wipe your data, if it bootloops, go into recovery by pushing the power button and "X" on the keyboard simultaneously. When the triangle and Robot appear, push both volume buttons at the same time. Click wipe data/factory reset, then reboot.

I'm giving you detailed instructions for a reason, we all treasure our phones.

bomanflorida likes this.
  3. redsox985

redsox985 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Before you even go through RSD Lite and its moodiness, try the link below. It takes about 5 minutes to fully restore your phone to stock. I've used this MANY times to fix bootloops and other issues. Just make sure you're 3/4+ charged since it uses AP Fastboot mode.

Fast/Easy unbrick - Droid 3 (XT862) - xda-developers

This is very easy. Just connect in Fastboot, start the .bat file, and come back in a few minutes.

bomanflorida likes this.
  4. bomanflorida

bomanflorida Newbie
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    thank you both very much! Merry Christmas!

5. bomanflorida

bomanflorida Newbie
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    Had you not given me detailed instructions I honestly would have probably asked you 100 questions so thank you very much for that as well

6. bomanflorida

bomanflorida Newbie
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    Instructions worked flawlessly...thank you for the education