1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Dslr camera link with a tablet ?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by SeniorAlex, Jan 20, 2013.

1. SeniorAlex

SeniorAlex Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2013
    Male
    Retired. Just photography now
    Near Birmingham - UK
    Hi Guys,

just joined the forum and added a thread in 'Introductions', which gives some details.

I am a keen photographer and know a few people who use a tablet, both Android and i-OS to link their DSLR cameras (I have a Canon 7D) to the tablet via Wi-Fi or Eye-Fi and converted compact flash in their cameras.

Just wondering if any of you have used this and what you actually use for camera and tablet?

I am looking to buy my first tablet and have pretty well decided that Android would be the better choice. Thinking about top end, possibly the Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T or maybe Nexus 10 ( like the 10" not mini size) and I do want a good quality screen to display my photographs to others. I presently use printed images in folders which is getting a bit bulky and the HTC Desire smartphone I have is rather small.

I'm not very smart when it comes to IT technical stuff and getting on a bit in years having retied a couple of years ago and have past 70 already. I also will want to have movies, e-mail and possibly do a little surfing, but I'm not into games, so if anyone can suggest a suitable top end tablet to consider, it would be appreciated.

Also if anyone can say if there are really secure Apps that I could secure with password, it would be helpful to be able to have some 'private' info on the tablet that I could refer to.

Many thanks

Alex

Advertisement