• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DSLR Camera Tethering?

thinkdevoid

Lurker
Feb 13, 2011
I ordered my very first Android device, and have been searching for something that could potentially bring this functionality so I do not have to bring my laptop everywhere with me...

Is there an app that can somehow tether my DSLR to a tablet? For example, I take a picture with my DSLR camera and it automatically show on my tablet? or to take partial control of my camera from the tablet..

I ordered my very first Android device, and have been searching for something that could potentially bring this functionality so I do not have to bring my laptop everywhere with me...

Is there an app that can somehow tether my DSLR to a tablet? For example, I take a picture with my DSLR camera and it automatically show on my tablet? or to take partial control of my camera from the tablet..

Since the USB hosting has been hacked by the folks over at XDA, I would imagine that it is jut a mater of time before we see an app to do this. I am really hoping for the same thing. I think USB hosting will be enabled when we ship our Xooms in for the 4G upgrade. If developers only knew how much Android photographers would be willing to pay for quality apps, they would be developing them. There is no possibility of tethering with an ipad, yet they keep developing for them. Senseless.

Upvote 0
Since the USB hosting has been hacked by the folks over at XDA, I would imagine that it is jut a mater of time before we see an app to do this. I am really hoping for the same thing. I think USB hosting will be enabled when we ship our Xooms in for the 4G upgrade. If developers only knew how much Android photographers would be willing to pay for quality apps, they would be developing them. There is no possibility of tethering with an ipad, yet they keep developing for them. Senseless.

and while doing this, i want to take controll over my android with a laptop using wifi/bluethoot or 3G/4G, so i can take pictures from anywhere...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Are any cables available in the UK that have a male Micro A at one end and a male Mini B at the other; this will connect my Galaxy S2 to my Canon 450D.

I know I can get various adapters to connect the two cables I have, one Micro A and the other Mini ,B but would prefer one cable for the whole job.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones