• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DSPManager working 100% on Coolpad Quattro.

hubsabubs

Android Enthusiast
Jan 11, 2012
Dallas, GA
Seeing how my phone is a MetroPCS prepaid handset, I had CM7 on my old Optimus M and I never wiped that phone. I left it as is, it ran perfect for 2 years with CM7 so I never changed it. I went in and took out the DSPManager.apk from System\App and the 3 files from System\lib\soundfx copied them to my other phone. Backed up all my original files first of course. Installed the 3 files into System\lib\soundfx and the DSPManager.apk into my System\app folder, then installed the DSPManager.apk from my sd card onto the phone memory. Thoroughly tested for a couple of hours, 100%. No FC's or issues of any kind. So for anyone out there using Metro Handsets this might be a fix if your getting force close problems when trying to install. Files can be downloaded from www.mikesdragonpages.homestead.com/files/DSPMetro.zip.

Instructions for Rooted and only Rooted Coolpads :

Backup the ***.so files from System\lib\soundfx folder
Copy the .APK into System\app folder.
Copy the 3 ***.so files into System\lib\soundfx folder.
Install the .APK file onto your phones memory from your SD Card not the \app location.
Reboot.
Enjoy DSP.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones