1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

DT Apps2sd (a2sd) is killing me

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by csensitive, Oct 8, 2011.

1. csensitive

csensitive Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    After days and hours of searching and trial'n'error, im about to give up.

I installed DT's apps2sd script on my S5570 mini, and even though it frees up to 171 mb on my 178 mb internal storage, but for some reason it detects the apps2sd partition wrong in all custom roms I tried.

In one rom it detected my /cache partition/directory as sd-ext making it running out of space in 1-3 roms depending on size.

In cm7, it detects the sd-ext with 206 mb partiton, even though its setup with 1GB ext4, and oddly doesnt move in size with installing apps. Again it runs out of space after installing a few apps again.

This is even though it should be tested and working on CM7.

Moving dalvik-cache and zipaligning app seems to work fine.

I tried partitioning using most guides online with either ext3 or ext4 without luck. With CWM and with ADB shell partitioning manually with blocks.

A2SD partlist and diskspace shows the partition is setup correctly.

Anything I overlooked and any ideas in getting this to work would be much appriciated.

Advertisement

2. csensitive

csensitive Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    I can confirm it actually intalls on the ext partition, but just shows it wrong, but before installing on ext partition, its downloads to /cache partition, which have to be cleared manually after an app install to get space for more apps.

The main problem here is im not able to install apps bigger than 20 mb, as thats the size of the cache partition..

Must be someone who got it working, who may know whats wrong? [​IMG]