• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DU ROM 4G problem

KutuluKid

Jan 12, 2013
Jax, FL
So, I was trying out the suspend option that switches to 2g when the screen is off and now I can only get 3g/H+, I had a ZTE avid that had problems with the Cm10 ROM Luke this and I cannot remember what I used to switch the 4g back on. Thanks in advance, and no, I did not make a backup first. I know, I know....

So, I was trying out the suspend option that switches to 2g when the screen is off and now I can only get 3g/H+, I had a ZTE avid that had problems with the Cm10 ROM Luke this and I cannot remember what I used to switch the 4g back on. Thanks in advance, and no, I did not make a backup first. I know, I know....I did try changing the preferes network type in mobile networks settings to LTE, still no 4g.:mad:

Upvote 0
ROM and kernel, then reboot? Reboot into recovery or system?

You can just flash the ROM then flash the kernel and then flash the gapps without rebooting recovery or system in between. Once everything is done flashing reboot system.

If you want, just to make sure everything goes through properly... you can flash the ROM then reboot recovery and flash the kernel and then flash the gapps after and then reboot the system.

Upvote 0
Going to try to find some time tonight. Just started getting FC's on my dialer. I can still make calls through hangouts using cellular network though, weird.

Your getting FC's on your dialer app using DU?
What version of DU ate you using?
The latest stable build is posted in the OP of the DU thread, 11/05/14 v8.2, if your not on that build version yet I'd recommend flashing that version.
I haven't had any issues with any FC's on this build at all and specifically with the dialer app.

Upvote 0
OK. So I wiped using twrp, installed 8.2 ROM, rebooted recovery, installed tbo-gapps and Franco r63 and rebooted to system. Now I have no cell network and if I try to open in settings I get a settings FC. Um, never had this happen. I could restore a backup or try to reflash again. Any ideas what happened?
I restored my backup before the flash. Full functionality including the dialer app which was giving me FC's even after reboot now works fine.

Upvote 0
OK. So I wiped using twrp, installed 8.2 ROM, rebooted recovery, installed tbo-gapps and Franco r63 and rebooted to system. Now I have no cell network and if I try to open in settings I get a settings FC. Um, never had this happen. I could restore a backup or try to reflash again. Any ideas what happened?
I restored my backup before the flash. Full functionality including the dialer app which was giving me FC's even after reboot now works fine.

So it sounds like maybe you did do a clean flash, which I didn't pick up in your other thread. It works fine here. The way I do things is wipe (if I'm doing a clean flash), flash ROM, Flash Gapps, reboot system, setup my apps using Titanium Backup, then flash Franco. If dirty flash, flash ROM, Flash Gapps, reboot to system, When I'm sure everything is stable, flash Franco.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones