1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Dual Boot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stevcha, Feb 25, 2011.

1. stevcha

stevcha Android Expert
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Is there a way to have a recovery boot or bootloader menu that allows you to choose which recovery you would like? Kinda like how you can dual boot in windows.

Advertisement

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Technically, no. You can only have one recovery image in the recovery partition at one time, and the bootloader will only find the recovery image that is there. That being said, I do seem to recall reading about somebody doing something to run a different recovery on top of another one. I don't remember where, though. I'll see what I can find. I have to ask, though, why exactly do you want to do that? It's not too hard to quickly switch between recovery images.

3. stevcha

stevcha Android Expert
    None

Nov 6, 2009

Thanks!! Well Ive always liked doing all of my nandroid backups from CM3 but with the latest version you can't flash certain zips. So I use RA for that. After trying to fix a bunch of things yesterday it would be nice to be able to choose the recovery from the bootloader menu or something instead of going into ROM manager and flashing it over.

I know I can always just use RA for everything but I've never had an issue restoring from CM so I just stick with it lol.

Tags: