1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dual booting of ios and android os

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Marios Georgiou, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Marios Georgiou

Marios Georgiou Well-Known Member

Is it a ROM or something that will make a phone run the latest version of iphone OS on android phone?
    But also want to dual boot on android phone on android and ios OS and run apps on both platforms. Also
    suggest me ios emulators for android. I tried to download iemu but is fake. A app store is just installing.
    I don't want to boot ios via online page.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

Nope... It doesn't exist... You can look for it if you like... But you're more likely to find a singing unicorn

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

There are a few Android skins that look a lot like iOS, but they are still Android. You won't find iOS roms or emulators because there aren't any.

;)

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Apple is very protective of its proprietary iOS and it has a very active legal department to enforce its curated environment. If you do run across a ROM based on iOS it will be most likely won't be around long and it won't have much of a development support life. Legally you can't run iOS on Android hardware anyway, with no ability to access Apple's app store. Maybe a better option is to pick up an older model iPhone, there are really good bargain-priced deals for iPhone 4 and 5's these days.

5. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

I don't think it is possible to dual boot period on most android devices. If you want to change the ROM you usually have to flash the new ROM overwriting the old. Having said that, I know that I've seen tablets that boot Windows and Android, but those, I think, are special cases.

6. What I'm more interested in is running Android on an iPhone. For me, that would be my personal heaven -- premium build of an iPhone 6/6s and the customization of Android.

edit: and not an unstable version, like a very good way to do it.

7. eviltony

eviltony Lurker

Don't think you can, Ios is proprietary, they will not let anyone mucking around with it.

8. Flablitz

Flablitz Android Enthusiast

Dual booting is possible, but trying to find something to dual boot is basically impossible.