1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dual Headset to one Phone

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Zaphrous, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Zaphrous

Zaphrous Lurker

I have a special issue that I am looking for an answer to. My girlfriend and I listen to Pandora when we are playing pool etc. and we want to have a Bluetotth device that will allow us to both listen to the same Phone. Basically we want to have two bluetooth devices connected to the same phone and listening to the Pandora feed. Or if there is a stereo headset that will do it.

She has a Samsung Galaxy and I have a HTC EVO Shift.

I did some searches and looked at various devices including our current bluetooth headsets ( Motorola H17) and couldn't get them to do it.

Any Ideas?

Thx

Zaph

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Sarrith

Sarrith Well-Known Member

I was under the impression your cell phone can only be connected to 1 blue tooth device at a time, not sure about when rooted though.

3. Zaphrous

Zaphrous Lurker

I understand that but is there some stereo headsets or bluetooth devices that will distribute the audio to multiple devices.

Zaph

4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

I see you having two options:

1) Buy one bluetooth headset that connects to the bluetooth on the phone. Buy a 3.5mm to bluetooth adaptor and have a second pair of headphones connect to this secondary bluetooth. Both should get audio.

2) Buy a wireless headphone set that supports 2 or more headphones. These may use bluetooth, may use other forms of wireless. Then plug that into the headphone jack of the phone.

5. Zaphrous

Zaphrous Lurker

Thanks for the ideas.

The first I don't think will work because when I hook a bluetooth up to my phone and then plug in a 3.5mm jack the bluetooth goes off and it only plays on the 3.5mm jack

The second has given me an idea. 3.5mm splitter hooked to bluetooth jacks should work.

Thanks

Zaph