• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Dual-screen" on a tablet PC ?

dvtr

Lurker
Sep 19, 2011
Hi all; fist of all i'm french so sorry if I do misspelling or poor english.

Here is my issue :

I would like to build an application that displays some buttons on the tablet AND at the same time it displays a video on the external screen / TV .

Some constraints:
- Android 2.X or 3.X
- external screen / TV via HDMI

Do someone know a tablet in the market that can manage that issue? It's something like a "dual-screen" because it has to display AT THE SAME TIME both on the tablet AND the TV something DIFFERENT.

Thanks in advance for your help

Kind regards

oh wait, I may be thinking different. Its also released apparently on AT&T.

However considering that the tablet is already dual screen, you would probably be able to show on TV one screen, while use the other for something else. Here's a link to what it looks like:

AT&T announces the Sony S2 Android tablet with 4G Unwired View

Thanks, but do you know if we can manage something with a tablet already in the market like the asus transformer ? I mean it has a output HDMI, where is the limitation to display something on the tablet and at the same time something else on the tv screen? is it a soft or hardware limitation? Is there really none tablet pc already in the market which a developper has already built an app that can do that?

Upvote 0
Thanks, but do you know if we can manage something with a tablet already in the market like the asus transformer ? I mean it has a output HDMI, where is the limitation to display something on the tablet and at the same time something else on the tv screen? is it a soft or hardware limitation? Is there really none tablet pc already in the market which a developper has already built an app that can do that?

I'm sorry, but none that I know of.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones