1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Dual Sim/SD Card Tray Not Working Properly?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by centraltrains, Aug 19, 2017.

1. centraltrains

centraltrains Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2017
    England
    Hi,

I have a ZTE Blade V8 Mini (couldn't find it on device list so had to annoyingly incorrectly select pro). It has one of those trays SIM Cards and an external micro-SD card can be put in. The way it works is there is one slot for the first sim and another slot for either a 2nd sim of micro-sd.

If I have only 1 sim in it works fine, If I have only the micro-SD it works fine. The problem is when I have both a micro-SD and sim card in.

What happens is the phone will connect to the micro-SD card and show it and use it as storage which is fine. It then goes ahead and tries to read the SIM cards to connect to the relevant network(s). It will connect to it fine, however, it will then also think I have a 2nd SIM card in, however it doesn't, and then give a "com.android.phone keeps stopping" error message and will try and connect again, each time throwing an error message and most times connecting to the first one fine before disconnecting again.

Occasionally the phone will randomly stop throwing these messages and just connect as expected. However when it runs out of battery or is restarted it all starts again.

I am really not sure on what I can do. Is there any way of disabling the sim reader for the 2nd slot like would be possible with device manager on windows?

Thanks in advance for any help which can be given!

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    It should actually work as it's supposed to, and definitely sounds like a real problem with it very probably hardware. Suggest you return it under warranty.