1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Dual SMS Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Teris, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    I am having an issue with dual notifications. I have Handcent and those are the only SMS notifications I want to get. I'm getting another one - I assume from the pre-installed "Messages" app, but I can't figure out how to turn off notifications with it. Can someone please advise? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    IT
    Central NY
    open Messages (stock app), hit menu and Settings. Disable notifications. There are a few other threads that will have more step-by-step if you need

3. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Thanks, Howie. I don't see a "disable notifications" box, but I have unchecked everything I can uncheck and I'm still getting them. Any other ideas?

4. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    IT
    Central NY
    so "received notification", "play notification sound", and "vibrate" are all unchecked for every section under Settings?

Teris likes this.
  5. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Vernon, CT
    It is actually called "Received Notification" under Received Messages section. You disabled that and you are still getting a notification from the stock messaging app when receiving an sms??

Teris likes this.
  6. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Ahh, thanks guys. I figured it out. So yes, "Received Notification," "Play notification sound" and "Vibrate" were all unchecked. But I just realized that the additional notification I was receiving was actually another Handcent notification that I had disabled in my prior version of Handcent.