1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Dublicate contacts showing up on phone

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Matzah Man, May 24, 2011.

1. Matzah Man

Matzah Man Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    Self Employed
    Vancouver, BC
    Hey everyone,

My apologies if there's already a thread on this - I tried but couldn't find it.

Here's my problem: I'm running Exchange/Activesync with my Android 2.3.3 (running CyanogenMod 7.0.2). I keep getting duplicate entries on only a few of my contacts. I have also been getting contacts showing up as "Unknown". I cannot find a pattern to which ones are duplicating or appearing as Unknown, it just seems to be random.

My setup is as follows:
    I have my corporate account synced with my exchange servers and am syncing both options ("Sync Contacts" & "Sync Calendar").
    I've also setup my TouchDown-Exchange account but have not synced the contacts there. I just use TouchDown because I like the interface more than the stock Android.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Regards,
    Matzah

My setup:
    HTC Desire Z on Bell
    CyanogenMod 7.0.2
    ADW Launcher 1.3.6 (I have the paid version but it did not transfer when I installed a new ROM)
    Android 2.3.3
    TouchDown (Version 6.5.0002)

Advertisement

2. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    Downloading go contacts should help you, it merges contacts and makes it easy to edit them.

3. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    If you open a duplicate contact on your phone and then select "Edit Contact" at the top is it listed as a "Google Contact", "Corporate Contact", or "Phone Contact"? If you open/edit its duplicate, is it listed as a Google Contact, Corporate Contact, or Phone Contact? The times that I've had problems with duplicates it was because one of the duplicates was a Google Contact and the other was a Phone Contact.

Do the duplicate contacts show up on Gmail's web interface as duplicates?

Matzah Man likes this.
  4. Matzah Man

Matzah Man Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    Self Employed
    Vancouver, BC
    That was it thanks! Now my problem is I deleted two of the three contacts, but on some of them I accidentally deleted the corporate account contact rather than the touchdown or phone contact... so now those deleted contacts are gone from my Outlook :(

I don't think there's anyway to fix that other than re-entering the contacts into Outlook. Unless someone can tell me otherwise?

Thanks Razz. Great help!

Cheers,