1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dud from target

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bandit99, Sep 21, 2011.

1. bandit99

bandit99 Lurker

I just bought a new A500 from Target today. I brought it home, unpacked it, and hooked it up to the charger. After about six hours I tried powering the tablet up and got a messed up welcome screen.
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/bandit1999/IMAG0251.jpg
    I've tried reseting the unit to no avail and cannot find any similar problems using the search function. Is there a simple fix or should I return the unit for another? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Android Enthusiast

If you have the option then exchange it. No reason why you need to deal with this when you buy a brand new unit.

3. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

Take it back. I had one with a funky screen it kinda looked like yours but then went to normal then started to fade out and then magically come back to normal. It kept doing it no matter how many resets i did.

4. bandit99

bandit99 Lurker

Target took the tablet back and refunded my money. Unfortunately Target had no more in stock so I ended up buying another A500 from Staples. Target was $350 and Staples was $400 with a $50 rebate. I've got the new unit charging up and hope to be using it in a couple of hours.

5. VivaLaDroid

VivaLaDroid Newbie

hope you enjoy your new slab of digital goodness :cool: Its a nice gadget to carry with you or even to just sit next to you while watching TV...You can go to settings and have it alert you whenever you get emails or messages from programs such as IMO messenger.

If it makes you feel any better i paid $450 for mine with no mail in rebate. Of course i bought it the day it was released as i was desperate to get a nice Android running honeycomb back in the spring. I had been waiting since the winter to get my hands on one. Motorolla Xoom came out around the same time. I looked at the two side by side in Best Buy and played around with them a little bit and the display on the Xoom has nothing on the Acer. Acers screen display is better 10 times over..Not to mention that Motorola was having issues where it wasnt reading the SD cards.

Have a great day and keep your new partner charged :):):)

6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

My acer is kind of finicky reading SD cards to be honest. I have some movies on it, and I have to constantly take out and replace to get it to see them. But the tablet is great otherwise. I managed to get it dirt cheap from Amazon during their sale on it.