• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Due to high demand, this device will ship by 7/23

This is just stupid. THey knew dam well this phone was in mad demand. You would think after the Incredible shortage they would have planned better. Glad I ordered at 12:02 but still no tracking info.
well ya but they also put out a news thing last night saying they would have enough phones to meet demand. they probably spinning it off as them having higher than mad demand

Upvote 0
Well, just got the news myself from VZW. Totally overwhelmed with X orders. Duh. I was told my order placed this morning around 8:30 (EST) and others placed before 11 AM (EST) are processed but most tracking numbers have NOT been emailed yet but they will be delivered tomorrow as promised. (Insert grain of salt here) The guy was totally honest and said their system is swamped and they didn't realize it would be this heavy. He said the INVENTORY IS FINE but the processing/tracking part is slowing things down. Stopped by my regular VZW store this afternoon and they are completely sold out of all 60 X's already. Holy guacamole Batman this thing is HOT!

Upvote 0
My order still says processed and I called and they gave me my tracking number.. The site and their system is just overloaded I guess.

A friends order still says processing and he called and they gave him his tracking number as well. Rest assured, if you purchased before 4:30pm EST today then you should have your X tomorrow by 3.. (Unless you didn't opt for overnight shipping $9 was worth not waiting over a week after launch for one)

Upvote 0
that's bull!! how come people that ordered 5-6 hours after some of us get their shipments but not us?

Depends on which Verizon warehouse is processing your shipment, your payment method, if you purchase accessories too, etc. Ordered mine at 2am and it's 16 hours later with no news except Verizon's got my money per my online bank info.

Upvote 0
I ordered mine @ 2am...but apparently technical support supervisor has to approve it( but she didn't approve it before she left the office) . So after being on phone with 3 different rep's for 2 hours, I finally cancelled it and reordered @ 2pm. I JUST got my tracking number as I'm writing this. I was about to flip out on Verizon if it wasn't coming. Good Luck to everyone else!

Upvote 0
Bad news guys. I called in regarding the second phone I ordered today. I ordered the first online around 2:00, 2:30-ish. It was shipped and will be here tomorrow. I never got tracking info on the second, and I was told that orders processed after 2:30 are back-ordered 'til 7/23. :mad: Lucky for me in my case, the phone that's coming tomorrow is for my line. The back-order is my poor hubby's.

Plus the follow-up email they sent:

The Droid X that was ordered under wireless number xxxx is pending on backorder. As a result, since payment for the order was received after 2:30pm today it will not ship until July 23, 2010. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones