1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Duke Nukem Forever

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sk8wnec, Feb 3, 2011.

1. sk8wnec

sk8wnec Lurker

I guess its really coming out. After years of waiting, and 3drealms closing its doors, some money was found and its now being released.

Link is NWS.

Duke Nukem Forever

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xepicxacidx

xepicxacidx Android Enthusiast

Its time to kick ass and chew bubble gum but im all out of gum

3. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

I'm a little skeptical about it so it's gonna be purely a rental.

4. turn_key

turn_key Member

Looks awesome! One of my all time fav games.

5. Meteoslasher

Meteoslasher Newbie

I'm somewhat hyped for this game, the trailers look great. I'll probably wait for a respectable review or two before I rush to buy it though.

6. Epicurean

Epicurean Android Enthusiast

Is there gonna be an app for that?

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Come get some!!

8. Wisenos

Wisenos Android Enthusiast

about time lol
    12-15 years after
    thanks for bringin back Dukey

9. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Android Enthusiast

No waiting for reviews, I already preordered..

10. Bramsy

Bramsy Android Expert

x2 here.... should be THE BEST GAME EVER with how long they have been doing stuff with it, but i have a feeling it will be disappointing. hope it isnt, but meh

11. Ichapp

Ichapp Member

I'd still hit it.

I'm pretty pumped for this one.

12. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Android Enthusiast

Pre-order fully paid, took the 14-21 off work to play. I am pumped and ready!

13. Bomfy

Bomfy Well-Known Member

Well, after a bunch hours in game (no MP as of yet) I am kind of ambivalent as to how I feel about it.

It has some pretty amusing things (I do really like how so many things can be interacted with) and it has a nice throwback feeling. If that was planned of just a byproduct of it living in limbo for well over a decade I don't know. I expect the latter. It's also a reference fest, I almost peed myself when I was offered Master Chief's armor.

I just feel a little bit bummed as of now. The biggest thing that gets me is that there appears to be a hell of a lot of wandering without much going on. It might just be nostalgia and time clouding my recollection, but the previous games felt much more frenetic. I started doing impersonations of the Swedish Chef when there is nothing happening, and I've come to realize it's kind of frequent. So many spots that seem like there at once was something intended to happen, but it doesn't.

Also it might just be the luck of the PC draw (I am above and beyond recommended specs and I dropped settings a tad), but I am getting some stupid bugs. Pig Cops teleporting, melee not being recognized, placing mines and the laser never appears and they aren't ever activated, and the most annoying things is moderately bad slowdown when there is not an assload going on. But, I can have multiples and have a shit hit the fan situation and things are silky smooth. I am not even an armchair developer/programmer/whatever the correct term is, but that seems very wrong.

I so badly want to love it and think maybe I broke my golden rule of not getting my hopes up because then I am always let down.

14. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Android Enthusiast

When I heard this game was coming out, I only wanted it to have quipy one liners from Duke, naked women, alien gibs....and this game delivers completely.

Hail to the king, baby!

15. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

Has been getting scathing reviews from critics. One site said it should've remained vaporware.