1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dull screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jova33, Aug 10, 2012.

1. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

My nexus 7 screen is way duller than my GNex. Is this normal of a tablet?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Well the AMOLED screen on the GNex is very vivid, and the blacks are much deeper. Also compare brightness settings, as that can serve to enhance the difference.

3. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

AMOLED has extremely high contrast (good) with extremely inaccurate color (bad). Some are distracted by the inaccuracies, some don't mind (me). Right after playing with my wife's ET4G (Super Amoled PLus) , my LTEvo's super LCD screen also looks a little washed out. Even though the screen on the LTEvo is a generation newer and almost universally considered superior to the ET4G's. As mentioned, the screen brightness can also have an effect. The N7's default auto brightness is very low unless in bright direct sunlight. If you haven't done so, try turning auto off and setting the brightness to 60% or higher. I haven't noticed any extreme hit on battery life.

4. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

Well the brightness wasn't an issue. The colors though, they seem not as vivid. But thanks for clearing that up for me. So the amoled screen for the GNex just looks better to me, and my N7 just looks normal lol

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Yes, I have both devices and the samoled is far crisper.