1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

dumb ass question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gamer30168, Aug 21, 2012.

1. gamer30168

gamer30168 Android Enthusiast

is the wipe data that i do whenever i install a new ROM the same thing as the settings, privacy, factory data reset found in the menu?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mario16

mario16 Android Enthusiast

I think not if I can remember I think factory reset erase your internal memory which will delete everything you had on there

gamer30168 likes this.
  3. gamer30168

thank you sir, anyone else care to chip in?

4. alexr777

alexr777 Well-Known Member

If you do the factory reset in the settings menu, it will throw you into a CWM bootloop so its recommended that you wipe thru CWM

5. mario16

I don't think it will throw him into a cwn bootloop because when I want a fresh start I do a factory reset and format my sd storage at the same time but doing a factory reset will erase all save data on your internal memory

6. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

Please please please.....

Never do a factory reset thru your phone menu only do a factory reset thru CWM

Fuzzy13 likes this.
  7. jtw1216

jtw1216 Android Expert

It's not recommended. Be safe & do it through CWM. I take the experts' advice on that. Read to many horror stories about the other way :)

8. mario16

I wasn't telling him to do a factory reset but I do when I want to clean my internal card but I save it to my laptop first and put back what I need or want cause if you download a lot of apps they get save to your internal memory which half the time I end up delete the app but still be having that data still on they so I do it like once every 3 to 4 months

9. Transfusiionz

Transfusiionz George Carlin FTW!

Its exactly the same, but do it from cwm or else you'll boot loop.
    If you want more info read fuzzys post. Its stickied. I'd link ya but I'm on my tablet

10. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

11. gamer30168

I didnt wait til anyone other than the first guy replied...i pulled the trigger..it formatted my internal memory.....no surprise...it DID NOT fix my busted ass wifi either. OH yeah, i bootlooped. Recovered with the get out of bootloop zip. It worked.

12. mario16

What's wrong with your wifi

13. gamer30168

it will not work at all. It merely says error when i turn it on. I looked at the logcat and it looks like the drivers cant work with the hardware anymore. I honestly think all the heat issues i had this summer burnt my wifi chip or something even though i didnt use it much

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews