1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Dumb Bettercut question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jason8, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Jason8

Jason8 Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Okay I cannot figure out how to change the icon on widgets on my desktop. I open Bettercut in my drawer > new shortcut but don't know what to do here. It appears as though I should "Make your own" but how to properly fill this part out is not clear to me. Can't find any manuals online...I'm sure this is easy but I have no idea what I am doing.

As an example I am trying to get a custom Handcent icon...

Advertisement

2. Jason8

Jason8 Member

Dec 8, 2009
    bump (sorry)

3. ryanbroham

ryanbroham Active Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I have the same dumb question. Let me know if you figure this out

4. kutsushita

kutsushita Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    student
    houston, tx
    Don't choose to make your own. Instead you go to 'activities' and after it loads (takes a bit sometimes) you'll see a list of applications. Choose the one you want and then click 'change icon' and If you want edit the name then press 'create.'

5. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Male
    Phila, PA
    email the developer of bettercut for instructions on "create your own" but...

As far as I know, you can only edit static application icons NOT widget icons.

6. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    If you're referring to the actual Handcent widget (that shows the unread count) then you can't change that with Bettercut, because it's not technically a shortcut, it's a widget. If you want to just change the launcher (shortcut icon) for Handcent, go to Bettercut > New Shortcut > Activity > Handcent SMS. I think the sub-name is HandcentExList or something like that. It should work to launch the app.