1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Dumb SD card question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MolBasser, Aug 19, 2011.

1. MolBasser

MolBasser Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Research Analyst, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
    Chico, CA
    I want to replace the 2gb SD card in my phone with a new 8gb one in preparation for rooting this weekend.

My computer sees my phone as H and I drives. I assume that one is the card and the other is the phones internal memory.

Which is which and how do you tell? The music is on the H drive along with HTC synch, and the apps seem to be on the I drive. From this, I'm guessing that the H drive is the SD card.

I should be able to shut down the phone, remove the old SD card and put in the new card, boot the phone up and format the card, and then just copy the files from the computer that I saved from the H drive and be cool, right?

And, what the hell does HTC synch really do on a day to day basis? I have to remove it to root, correct?

MolBasser

Figured it out, and yes it was a dumb question (hey buddy, right click and check properties to see which drive has what amount of memory :headslap:).

Man, I have lost my geeky touch over the years.

MolBasser

Had to do a battery remove reboot for the phone to recognize all the files on the new SD card. I s that normal?

MolBasser

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Idk, I wouldn't worry about the reboot thing unless it keeps occuring. If it helps for future recognition, make a folder on your sd card...AA_SDCARD. Since they're arranged alphabetically, it'll always show up at the top. I interface my drives all the time and although I can tell just by looking at the contents now, it just makes it easy.