• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dumbest newbie question of the day

alexsally

Lurker
Sep 23, 2010
Go gently on me but....I can't get off the starting blocks:rolleyes:
Got a new htc wildfire, logged into app android market..used mt google sign in (that I use on pc).. all good so far. browse the market and whatever I click on to load it says
"starting download" then stays like that for hours...
I have read other posts and tried doing it over my wireless network in the house and on 3g. both works the same ie not.

I did wonder about trying to download with one of those barcode thingys but haven't got a clue how to do that:rolleyes:

ANY advice greatfully appreciated.

Alex

Got a new htc wildfire, logged into app android market..used mt google sign in (that I use on pc).. all good so far. browse the market and whatever I click on to load it says
I have read other posts and tried doing it over my wireless network in the house and on 3g. both works the same ie not.

I did wonder about trying to download with one of those barcode thingys but haven't got a clue how to do that:rolleyes:

Alex

Barcode Scanner - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0

Alex

Barcode Scanner is good. Also check out AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games ...something I think everyone should have.

AppBrain App Market - Android app on AppBrain

If you like Appbrain, be sure to take a look at Fast Web Installer...with it you can download straight from Appbrain and bypass the Market. Works like a charm.

Fast Web Installer - Android app on AppBrain

And don't worry about sounding dumb...everyone has to start somewhere. Just be nice and learn to search the forums...you'll do fine. :)

Upvote 0
thanks for the replies...I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything but:eek: the suggestions to download from app brain or download app fast web etc won't work because nothing downloads, it says "starting download" then stays like that. So app brain might be good and there app to download bypassing app market but I can't download anything..

duff phone prehaps
:thinking:
alex

Upvote 0
I've had that problem as well, as well as many other users. There are others on here who may be able to answer this better than me but I think it may be due to a conflict with Talk. Go into that app and log out. Also uncheck the auto sign in, in the settings. If that doesn't work, search the forum cos I'm sure this problem is very common.

Upvote 0
thanks for the replies...I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything but:eek: the suggestions to download from app brain or download app fast web etc won't work because nothing downloads, it says "starting download" then stays like that. So app brain might be good and there app to download bypassing app market but I can't download anything..

duff phone prehaps
:thinking:
alex

Try going into APPLICATIONS and clearing your Market cache... then try again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones