• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stikman

Feb 22, 2011
Miami
howcome everytime i try to connect my phone to my desktop or laptop the computer recognizes my phone as a cd rom and when i try to view my files it only shows a "DUMMY" file? ive tried rebooting my phone and even tryed changing sd cards but it still wont mount is it my phone or cm7 thts the problem? how do i fix this:thinking:

howcome everytime i try to connect my phone to my desktop or laptop the computer recognizes my phone as a cd rom and when i try to view my files it only shows a "DUMMY" file? ive tried rebooting my phone and even tryed changing sd cards but it still wont mount is it my phone or cm7 thts the problem? how do i fix this:thinking:

Hi are you USB mounted meaning have you pull down notification bar and click mount USB to share files between phone and PC. Then u will get a different window allowing you to access your files.:)

Upvote 0

you need to uninstall and re install usb drivers ascend usb drivers.rar after that when you connect your phone, pull down notification bar and enable usb mode.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones