• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Dump] [All Variants] Aboot, files and how to flash.

So, could I dump my aboot(cricket D321) and use it to get a recovery working? For example I took the recovery for the MS323 and replaced the aboot it with my dumped a boot to get it to work? I'm rooted and the boot loader is unlocked. Or am I confused?
Nope, you're confused. There's no recovery for the Cricket model and Aboot has nothing to do with Recovery.

Aboot means Bootloader-sorta. It's the stuff like Modem, and other stuff important for your phone. If you're phone has a wrong aboot. Bunch of instablility can occur.

Upvote 0
Ok Thank you. :) do you happen to know why there is nothing for this model? I really like this phone and would love to improve it. Will there ever be a recovery for this model?
Unless you send a Cricket Model to @vm03 (our L70 Dev) there won't be a thing. From perspective, it looks like the Cricket L70 isn't really an L70 at all, it can't run ROM's or Recovery's. It's like a different phone to be honest, still under the name "LG L70"

Also, QuickMemo button isn't present in the Cricket Model, but that doesn't mean anything.

Upvote 0
Oh. Well isn't that a kick in the shorts? Lol. I thought I researched enough before purchasing, the phone seemed to have great support. I just didn't take the model verience into consideration. Thank you for the information.
Oh, I will donate a phone a.s.a.p. I realy would like a recovery.
Contact @vm03 and he will contact you with his Shipping info, depending which Mail Service you use. The price may be high or low. @vm03 lives in Russia. So the price will be a little steep none the less.

Upvote 0
guys i need some help, first i need to know if im in the correct thread.

i have an l70 d325, the dual sim.

i did this: http://androidforums.com/threads/un...r-lg-l70-d320-d320n-d325-ms323.912225/page-41

the thing is now i dont have the sim toolkit 2, or the dual sim driver i dont know whats the name of it. and im trying to get it back, do i have to replace the aboot file?
i did as the original posts says but i dont get it back. (sometimes i get the message "permission denied", now i dont, thats the reason u ll see some "enters" at the comand line, just to see the "root...#" so im sure i did well).

C:\Users\Mike>adb shell
←7←[r←[999;999H←[6nsshell@w5:/ $ u
su
←7←[r←[999;999H←[6nsu
←8root@w5:/ # su
su
←7←[r←[999;999H←[6nsu
←8root@w5:/ # dd if=/sdcard/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/
aboot
/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot <
4096+0 records in
4096+0 records out
2097152 bytes transferred in 0.411 secs (5102559 bytes/sec)
root@w5:/ # reboot
reboot

i tried the aboot file i have on the phone (i suppose is a back up done by the cw mod), then i tried the one uploaded at this thread. the thing is it changed nothing, the device model is still : d320 (the single sim). i also tried to restart from recovery just to see if that works, but it didnt.

i d be grateful for any feedback you could bring.

Upvote 0
guys i need some help, first i need to know if im in the correct thread.

i have an l70 d325, the dual sim.

i did this: http://androidforums.com/threads/un...r-lg-l70-d320-d320n-d325-ms323.912225/page-41

the thing is now i dont have the sim toolkit 2, or the dual sim driver i dont know whats the name of it. and im trying to get it back, do i have to replace the aboot file?
i did as the original posts says but i dont get it back. (sometimes i get the message "permission denied", now i dont, thats the reason u ll see some "enters" at the comand line, just to see the "root...#" so im sure i did well).

←7←[r←[999;999H←[6nsshell@w5:/ $ u
su
←7←[r←[999;999H←[6nsu
←8root@w5:/ # su
su
←7←[r←[999;999H←[6nsu
←8root@w5:/ # dd if=/sdcard/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/
aboot
4096+0 records in
4096+0 records out
2097152 bytes transferred in 0.411 secs (5102559 bytes/sec)
reboot

i tried the aboot file i have on the phone (i suppose is a back up done by the cw mod), then i tried the one uploaded at this thread. the thing is it changed nothing, the device model is still : d320 (the single sim). i also tried to restart from recovery just to see if that works, but it didnt.

i d be grateful for any feedback you could bring.
I don't know what Sim Toolkit is. But why do you need it?

Upvote 0
the sim toolkit is the apk witch manages the sim, sim toolkit 2 is the one that comes with the device to manage the dual sim.
now i can only see the contacts, but i get no network (when the phone search for networks and i choose one from the list i get "your sim does not support network" or something like that).

im pretty sure the sim works fine because im using it on other phones (non android phones).

so, i have no network and i only see 1 signal triangle on the notification bar, instead of 2. and the device at the settings says "model d320".

Upvote 0
the sim toolkit is the apk witch manages the sim, sim toolkit 2 is the one that comes with the device to manage the dual sim.
now i can only see the contacts, but i get no network (when the phone search for networks and i choose one from the list i get "your sim does not support network" or something like that).

im pretty sure the sim works fine because im using it on other phones (non android phones).

so, i have no network and i only see 1 signal triangle on the notification bar, instead of 2. and the device at the settings says "model d320".
Use a D325 Aboot, that will fix it, try multiple.'

If none work message @Shahell Salvin Deo which provides aboots from stock bootloaders.

Upvote 0
im messaging shahell.

i find when i put this:

adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot

i have to input

adb shell
su
su
dd if=/sdcard/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot

in order to get the super user ,

"
←7←[r←[999;999H←[6nsu
←8shell@w5:/ $ (no super user)

shell@w5:/ $

shell@w5:/ $ su
su
←7←[r←[999;999H←[6n
aboot
4096+0 records in
4096+0 records out
2097152 bytes transferred in 0.421 secs (4981358 bytes/sec)
reboot
"

no su rights on the bold code. then, the restart is just "reboot" or "reboot-recovery" or something like that?
i cant change the model, its d-320 after the aboot posted in this thread, and the one i find on the "LG BOOT Backup" in my SD (i think its created by the cw recovery).
is there anything you find wrong at any of this ?

Upvote 0
Reactions: Shahell Salvin Deo
Upvote 0
hey, guys, i have a problem with my device, i flashed wrong aboot.bin and this is my problem, see the image, my model is LG L70 D320g8, help me please

Attachments

• IMG-20140912-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20140912-WA0004.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0
yes, i have fastboot mode,!
That's great, then you can flash aboots from there. Try flashing a d320 only aboot (without g8) with these steps:
1- Rename the aboot file you downloaded to aboot.bin
2- Paste the file on the ADB folder
3- Connect the phone to pc in fastboot mode
4- Use this command to flash: fastboot flash aboot aboot.bin
5- Check if the phone boots.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones